Mission and Service Day
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
1. Conversations with Service Organization Representatives (9am-3pm in Campus Center Greeting Hall)
Meet with representatives throughout the day to learn about opportunities to serve both locally as well as overseas.
2. Campus Worship (10:10am-11:00am, Lehman Auditorium)
Gather with Carol Tobin (VMMissions) for campus worship on Mission and Service Day. In her role as a Ministry Affiliate with Campus Ministries, Carol will help develop our theme: Love God. Love Neighbor.
3. Lunch Date(Conversations with Mission & Service Representatives) (11:30am-1:30pm, East Dining Room in Northlawn)
Gather with Campus Pastor Brian Martin Burkholder and service organization representatives for informal conversations around Christian mission & service and opportunities with these organizations. (Students without meal plan can get a free lunch pass by visiting the Wellness Suite front desk or you may bring your own lunch).
4. Mission & Service Day Food Drive (All day, Campus Center Greeting Hall)
Donate to the Mission and Service Day Food Drive to help address student hunger concerns on the EMU campus. Campus Ministries and Y-Serve are hosting a one day food drive seeking non-perishable food items to be made available through the Sustainable Food Initiative Thursday SFI Market. Donate items all day in the Campus Center Greeting Hall.
Just in case you’re thinking…
- “I’m not planning to do a mission or service term.” Come and learn anyway – you may be surprised by how many opportunities there are to serve locally or travel the world and do amazing things.
- “I’m just a first or second year student and it’s too early to think about this stuff.” Not true! It’s never too early to begin considering options following EMU.
- “I’d rather just research opportunities online.” You can learn so much more from talking with real people who have had interesting mission and service experiences themselves.