For the current academic school year, ACRS program planning committee anticipates another year of programs that will continue to stimulate and inform. Our goal is to present:
- A series of stories on pivotal experiences which altered directions or generated significant change in the Mennonite Church.
- Each story is told from the perspective of an individual whose vision and creativity provide a context for reflection.
When and where
ACRS regular gatherings occur the second Monday of each month from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Park View Mennonite Church Fellowship Hall, 1600 College Ave, Harrisonburg.
Your Committee: Terry Burkhalter, Margaret Foth,'Pat Hostetter Martin, Vernon E. Jantzi & Rick Yoder
Below are the upcoming dates for the 2019-2020 academic year:
|Date||Title and Speaker||Photo|
A Quest for Sustainability In a Globalized World, (A Discussion Paper)
ACRS in Support of Mitigation and Paradigm Shifts into a Viable Future. How can the myriad mitigations now underway be celebrated and enlarged?
How can paradigm shifts toward the future be anticipated, interrogated, described, and acted upon? Where does the promise of a “new heaven and a new earth” reside? Open this link to read the paper: A Quest for Sustainability in a Globalized World.
By Anabaptist Center for Religion and Society, Author Harold Miller, July 2020
NEW Feature: In case you missed a previous ACRS gatherings, below are links that will allow you to watch the ones you've missed in it's entirety on your computer or smartphone.
- John Fairfield, September 19, 2018; "Enemies, Iranians's Friends"
- Cindy Swartzentruber October 08, 2018; From the “Three Rs” to the “Five Cs” ...a reflection on the way education has changed
d/ 1I8NfqJOE7VoKif8ROXuJvcSslV3Qy kqy/view
- Phil Wenger, November 12, 2018; “Are Anabaptist values reconcilable with business practices?”
- Kara Hartzler, March 25, 2019; "Immigration Reality and Reform, Musings of an Immigration Attorney"
d/ 16i2ZI4Pc8GVs97njrE2jG8Wzqtrpp fgz/view
- Nancy Heisey, April 8, 2019; “Usable History: I’ve always felt that my primary calling is teaching, although it
took me a long time to get to it.”
- Harold Miller, May 13, 2019"The Pilgrimage that took Harold & Annetta to East Africa... Life's Impact"
d/ 1TTQNiogKROg9GuiGmqIYET3nTFJ31 RxQ/view
- Kevin King and Johann Zimmermann, September 9, 2019; "Mennonite Disaster Service, Work Going on in Puerto Rico"
d/ 167KJlcBGe3XL43wXqgPpVtDodK05x ro4/view
- Bill Hawk, October 14, 2019; "Eight Key Questions to Higher Education"
- Beryl Brubaker Paper read by Loren Swartzendruber, November 11, 2019; "EMU’s Story of Creation Care: A Leader in Sustainability"
- Ervin Stutzman, December 9, 2019; "Writing Lives, Seeking Truth, Pursuing Hope”
- Center for Interfaith Engagement (CIE), January 13, 2020, “Mennonite-Jewish Interaction in the United States
- Dr. Joanne Gabbin, February 10, 2020, “The Power of a Committed Life.” https://drive.google.com/
- Doug Hostetter, March 9, 2020, "The Making of a PEACEMAKER", https://drive.