A program as unique as your calling. Embrace spiritual and professional formation to prepare for the journey ahead.
Apply now for Fall 2020.
The MA in Christian Leadership (MACL) degree is flexible by design, providing a core of spiritual formation, biblical and theological courses that are supplemented by a wide range of electives within the seminary and from other graduate programs at EMU. Complete the exploration of your calling with supervised practical experience.
Build the skills and knowledge you need for your own unique vocational calling in almost any setting:
- Congregational leadership teams
- United Methodist deacon orders*
- Community social service organizations
- Non-profit organizations
- Spiritual direction
- Local and global missional outreach
- Social justice change agencies
- Restorative justice advocacy groups
- Conflict analysis and transformation
Why EMS? Flexibility, personal formation, and a breadth of resources.
As an embedded seminary, EMS connects you to the broader knowledge and resources of Eastern Mennonite University. You can select courses or graduate certificates from other programs to fulfill elective requirements for the MACL and gain the specific skills you want. Choose elective courses from many disciplines:
- Conflict Transformation
- Restorative Justice
- Transformational Leadership
- Education / Restorative Justice in Education
*UMC students must confirm with their individual conference that all requirements for deacon orders are met.