Admissions/ Tuition/Finanical Aid
- A minimum of 60 semester hours of transfer credits. (Can transfer up to 80 credits with approval)
The following are options for obtaining the necessary transfer credits:
- Credit may be transferred from an accredited technical, community or four-year college
- A portfolio of American Council on Education (ACE) approved professional schools or
training may be submitted for semester hour credits. Additionally, life-learning experiences
that related directly to EMU required curriculum may be submitted for evaluation.
For more information regarding ACE, please see: https://www.acenet.edu/Research-Insights/Pages/Student-Support/Post-Traditional-Learners.aspx
- College-level examination (CLEP) or DSST (formerly Defense Activity for Nontraditional Students or DANTES) testing is also
an alternative to obtain course credits.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Current employment or involvement with an organization that enhances the learning outcomes of the program.
- Submission of a satisfactory writing sample.
- Our experienced enrollment counselor will work with you to develop an individualized academic plan for degree completion.
- The cost per credit is $455, and there is a $78 technology fee per semester.
Students in the Leadership & Organizational Management program are eligible to apply
for financial aid. A complete financial aid packet is available from the program representative.
To be eligible to receive federal financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must also complete the Accelerated Degree Completion Financial Aid Information Sheet (FAIS)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is processed by a federal processor and
the results are reported to you on a Student Aid Report. The staff in the financial
assistance office will determine your eligibility to receive federal grants and loans.
Students will not receive notification of aid until they have been admitted to the
LOM degree program and have completed the FAFSA and FAIS.
Applying for financial aid in a timely manner and following up on any request for
additional forms or loan information is very important. Federal guidelines are strict
and if all information is not submitted within certain time frames, you risk becoming
ineligible for aid.
To avoid jeopardizing financial aid eligibility, you should not withdraw from the
program without first consulting with your academic coordinator. It is important to
begin classes on the entrance date cited at the time of application.
Matching Grants and Scholarship Funds
The Degree Completion Program has funds available in the form of matching grants and
The Richard M. Whitmore Endowed Scholarship Fund
Terry Whitmore, MBA, was the longest-serving instructor in the Adult Degree Program
and a passionate supporter of adult students. His lessons in business leadership and
management were enriched by experience in his family-owned business, E&M Auto Paint
and Supply. In 2007, the Whitmore family established an endowed scholarship fund to
honor Terry's younger brother, Richard, who died unexpectedly at the age of 51. The
Whitmores know that some adult degree students receive tuition assistance from employers,
but most are not so fortunate. Often students must cover the full cost of tuition
Stepping Stone Grant
EMU in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - LOM adult degree program students who do not receive
tuition reimbursement from their employer and demonstrate financial need are eligible
for this need-based grant. Pell Grant-eligible students will receive priority. Maximum
award: $1,000/semester renewable for a maximum of 4 total semesters. Smaller awards
may be granted, depending on demonstrated need and applicant pool demand. Students
must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be eligible for grant renewal. Talk to our enrollment recruiter
when you apply.
Questions About Financial Aid and/or Scholarships
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Darla Shober or call 717-690-8600.
Employer and Veterans’ Assistance
- We offer deferred billing for employer tuition reimbursement, as well as interest-free
monthly payment plan options.
- An increasing number of employers provide educational assistance benefits to their
employees. Students should check to see if their employer provides educational assistance.
- Many veterans are eligible for aid based on their military service. We welcome veterans and are
happy to assist you with this process.