COVID-19 and EMU Learn More >

Veterans Benefits at EMU 

Process of using benefits to attend EMU

  1. To apply for education benefits, you may use the VONAPP Veterans On-line Application website.
  2. If you wish to use your education benefits at EMU, provide to the VA School Certifying Official a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility. This document indicates that you are approved to receive benefits at a program of education. You should receive the Certificate of Eligibility by postal mail, but you can also print a copy of the certificate and other documents by logging into your account on the VA’s eBenefits website.
  3. Once you are enrolled in classes at EMU, the VA School Certifying Official will certify your enrollment to the VA through VA-Once.
  4. For Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill, your benefits for tuition and fees are paid directly to EMU. The VA pays the Housing and Book (BAH)allowance directly to you.
  5. Recipients cannot receive benefits in excess of tuition and fees.
  6. The Yellow Ribbon Program allows additional funding for students who receive 100% benefit from the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Yellow Ribbon benefits are available only after the standard annual cap for tuition and fees is exhausted.


EMU VA School Certifying Official

Amber Tobey, Assistant Registrar

Text Here...
visit graphicVisit
apply graphicApply