Veterans Benefits at EMU
Process of using benefits to attend EMU
- To apply for education benefits, you may use the VONAPP Veterans On-line Application website.
- If you wish to use your education benefits at EMU, provide to the VA School Certifying Official a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility. This document indicates that you are approved to receive benefits at a program of education. You should receive the Certificate of Eligibility by postal mail, but you can also print a copy of the certificate and other documents by logging into your account on the VA’s eBenefits website.
- Once you are enrolled in classes at EMU, the VA School Certifying Official will certify your enrollment to the VA through VA-Once.
- For Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill, your benefits for tuition and fees are paid directly to EMU. The VA pays the Housing and Book (BAH)allowance directly to you.
- Recipients cannot receive benefits in excess of tuition and fees.
- The Yellow Ribbon Program allows additional funding for students who receive 100% benefit from the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Yellow Ribbon benefits are available only after the standard annual cap for tuition and fees is exhausted.
EMU VA School Certifying Official
Travis Trotter, Assistant Registrar