Welcome to the Caf!
Additional information about our services
- 2023 Welcome Letters (Information for students, commuters, parents, and faculty/staff)
- Our COVID-19 Pledge
Monthly theme dinners and more
Highlights of our dining hall include continuous service and “all you can eat” rates, two salad bars with local and organic offerings, fresh fruit, omelet station, deli bar, pizza, grill station and stir-fry bar.
Monthly theme dinners include celebrations of Mexican food, local harvest, Italian, Asian, African, Mardi Gras, French, and springfest (an all-campus cook-out!). Weekly “bonus bites” keep diners looking forward to special meals, too.
Sustainability in our campus ‘caf’
Pioneer at EMU continues our commitment to being good stewards of our world by expanding our sustainability efforts, which include:
- Purchasing locally grown produce, as well as vegetables from the campus garden
- Hosting annual fall harvest meals, composed entirely of locally grown foods
- Composting all dining hall waste
- Becoming a trayless dining hall in 2008, saving approximately 350,000 gallons of hot water per year
- Recycling all paper and recyclables used in our office and kitchen
- Offering "greenware" containers as an alternative to Styrofoam in the Snack Shop
- Using recycled paper products from a local distributor
Follow us on Instagram #feedtheroyals
Track your meals and fitness
The USDA’s MyPlate website can help you plan, analyze, and track your diet and physical activity. Find out what and how much to eat; track foods, physical activities, and weight; and personalize with goal setting, virtual coaching, and journaling.
Talk to the director
Dining Hall Director welcomes comments and suggestions any time. Send an e-mail, talk to staff in the dining hall, complete a suggestion card or communicate with a residence hall council member. Also, be sure to complete bi-annual dining hall surveys.
Meal hours during the school year
Dining Hall staff