Welcome to the Caf!
The Dining Hall, located in the lower level of Northlawn, has just what you need! Pioneer College Caterers does all the cooking and has worked with Christian colleges and universities for nearly 40 years.
Our own dining hall director Bruce Emmerson was named “Director of the Year” by Pioneer, which judged dining halls on customer satisfaction, creativity, sanitation and safety, and finances.
Additional information about our services
- Information for Students
- Information for Parents and features information for parents
- Commuter Information
Check out this 360 photo of our dining hall.
Track your meals and fitness
Monthly theme dinners and more
Highlights of our dining hall include continuous service and “all you can eat” rates, two salad bars with local and organic offerings, fresh fruit, omelet station, deli bar, pizza, grill station and stir-fry bar.
Monthly theme dinners include celebrations of Mexican food, local harvest, Italian, Asian, African, Mardi Gras, French, and springfest (an all-campus cook-out!). Weekly “bonus bites” keep diners looking forward to special meals, too.
Sustainability in our campus ‘caf’
Pioneer at EMU continues our commitment to being good stewards of our world by expanding our sustainability efforts, which include:
- Purchasing locally grown produce, as well as vegetables from the campus garden
- Hosting annual fall harvest meals, composed entirely of locally grown foods
- Composting all dining hall waste
- Becoming a trayless dining hall in 2008, saving approximately 350,000 gallons of hot water per year
- Recycling all paper and recyclables used in our office and kitchen
- Offering"greenware"containers as an alternative to Styrofoam in the Snack Shop
- Using recycled paper products from a local distributor
Talk to the director
Dining Hall Director welcomes comments and suggestions any time. Send an e-mail, talk to staff in the dining hall, complete a suggestion card or communicate with a residence hall council member. Also, be sure to complete bi-annual dining hall surveys.
Meal hours during the school year
|Monday – Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|Hot Breakfast||7:30 – 9:30 a.m.||–||–|
|Continental||9:30 – 10 a.m.||–||8:15 – 9 a.m.|
|Light Lunch||10 a.m. – 11 a.m.||–||–|
|Brunch/Lunch||11 a.m. – 1 p.m.||10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.||11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Light Lunch||1 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.||–||–|
|Supper/Dinner||5:15 – 7:30 p.m.||5 – 6 p.m.||5 – 6 p.m.|
|Faculty/Staff||Non-Resident Students/Guests||Children (5-11)|
Dining Hall staff
|Production manager||Shannon Grinnan||432-4312|
|Service manager||Marlyn Cullen||432-4972|
|Office assistant||Debbie Emmerson||432-4311|
|Snack bar manager||Jodie Gardner||432-4335|