Eastern Mennonite University offers several academic and professional programs related to trauma and resilience and restorative justice, and integrates this expertise into general coursework for programs not specifically focused on the topic.
For more information, visit graduate degree and certificate programs on trauma and resilience in the MA in Education program and this hub for upcoming professional development, training and courses at EMU’s Center for Justice and Peacebuilding.
Webinars on racial justice and social justice
The Zehr Institute for Restorative Justice, a program of EMU’s Center for Justice and Peacebuilding, offers a webinar series each fall and spring semester. Past webinars are available on the website, including a webinar on building mutual understanding between community and police, and resources on criminal justice reform, racial justice and the intersection of these efforts.
Navigating Ministry During COVID-19
This series of six online forum discussions provides resources to pastors, but all are welcome to attend. Visit emu.edu/seminary/forum-series
- June 10, 3 p.m. Ethical Issues of Medical Care, facilitated by Donald Tyson and Catherine Lee.
- June 24, 3 p.m. Biblical Resources for Despair and Hope, facilitated by Nancy Heisey, Andrea Saner and Matthew Bucher.
Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings
- June 9, 12 p.m. Trauma-informed Strategies for Healthcare Providers: During and After COVID-19, presented by Janelle Bitikofer.
Trauma and Resilience for Parents & Educators
Elaine Zook Barge presents the following webinars. Visit emu.edu/lancaster/continuing-ed/
- June 23, 12 p.m. Helping Parents Respond to the Impact, focusing on the impact of the waves (overwhelm) and wounds (trauma) on the body, brain and behavior and some tools to release trauma energy, re-integrate the brain and self-regulation.
- August 11, 12 p.m. Helping Parents Prepare for Whatever is Ahead, This webinar will focus on resilience and the window of tolerance and resources for widening it.
Educators: see also the June 23-24 Restorative Justice in Education Conference, now online
- June 23-24, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- $100 per participant
- Theme: “Youth-Led Restorative Justice”
- Input from experts in the field of restorative justice as it pertains to education. Sessions will be offered for newcomers to the field as well as those with experience in RJE. Keynote speaker is Dr. Anita Wadhwa, with Ram Bhagat, Martha Brown, Joe Brummer, Kathy Evans, Laura Feichtinger McGrath, Bob Garrity, Kevin Gilbert, April Howard, Emily Imgram, Deb Lokrantz, Judy Mullet, Dwanna Nicole, Sal Romero, and David Shenk.
- For more information, visit emu.edu/maed/rje-conference