Eastern Mennonite University’s fall athletes ended their seasons with more than 20 individual honors.
EMU’s field hockey team finished 10-7 overall, notching its best overall record since 2011.
- Defender Brandy Troutman (senior, Recreation and Sports Management, Mountville, Pa./Hempfield) earned her fourth consecutive Second Team All-ODAC honor and ended her EMU career with an appearance in the NFHCA 2022 Victory Sports Tours/Division III Senior Game. She ranked in the top-four in all three major offensive categories, finishing third in total points (41) and assists (11) and fourth in goals with 15. Those numbers were all career-highs for the fifth-year senior, who played a larger role in the Royals offense this year.
- Attacker Elizabeth Longacre (junior, accounting and business administration, Quakertown, Pa./Dock Mennonite Academy) was Third Team All-ODAC.
Six soccer athletes earned College Sports Communicators (CSC) Academic All-District honors:
- Ariel Bonilla (junior, history and political science, Richmond, Va./Huguenot)
- Aja Laun, (sophomore, nursing, San Antonio, Tx./Claudia Taylor Johnson)
- Ashley Catalano, (sophomore, nursing, Stephens City, Va./Sherando)
- Abigail Forrest, (sophomore, pre-med, Winchester, Va./Millbrook)
- Kaden Schrock (sophomore, biology, Dalton, Ohio/Central Christian
- Mesa Dula (junior, accounting and business administration, Lancaster, Pa./Lancaster Mennonite).
Women’s volleyball advanced to the ODAC quarterfinals, falling to eventual runner-up Averett.
- Captain Lizzy Kirkton (junior, business administration and organizational leadership, Goshen, Ind./Goshen) and Megan Miller (junior, biology, Millersburg, Ohio/Central Christian) earned CSC Academic All-District honors.
- Paris Hutchinson (junior, recreation and sport management, Waynesboro, Va./Wilson Memorial) earned her third straight all conference honor, this time to the All-ODAC Third-Team.
Both men’s and women’s cross country teams finished fifth in the ODAC.
- Bellamy Immanuel (sophomore, mechanical engineering, Allentown, Pa./William Allen) ended with an NCAA South/Southeast All Region performance. He was also named ODAC Runner of the Week Oct. 11.
- Clay Kauffman (senior, environmental science, Broadway, Va./Broadway) earned ODAC Runner of the Week recognition Sept. 27.
- Lucy Unzicker (junior, Spanish, Benson, Ill./Roanoke-Benson) was ODAC Runner of the Week Oct. 11.
- Vanessa Gardiner (junior, environmental science, Springfield, Va./John R. Lewis) nabbed Second Team All-ODAC honors.
The women’s triathlon team finished fifth at the 2022 National Championships.
- Jenna Weaver (sophomore, nursing, Harrisonburg, Va./Eastern Mennonite) earned 11th place at nationals; third place at the national qualifier meet, and College Triathlon Coaches Association (CTCA) Second Team All-American honors.
- Vanessa Gardiner was 13th place at the national meet, fourth place at the national qualifier meet, and CTCA Second Team All-American honors.
- Jessica Buckwalter, a graduate student in the MA in Counseling program, was 16th at the national championships, sixth place at the national qualifier, and a CTCA Honorable Mention All-American.
Photos by Scott Eyre/EMU.