The Eastern Mennonite University Chamber Singers have announced a spring break tour to Pennsylvania. The group will give 10 performances in southern Pennsylvania at various churches, school chapels, and a retirement community. The program features selections on the theme of “I Will Give You Rest,” an exploration of peace and rest through music.
The select vocal group, directed by Professor Benjamin Bergey, performs choral arrangements from various periods, styles and cultures. Music and non-music majors are included.
“Touring is such a great way to reach out to other communities, especially those with alumni, prospective students and donors,” Bergey said. “Going on tour as a music ensemble is also one of the best ways to build camaraderie and cohesion, which improves the quality of the group, not to mention builds a sense of community and belonging.”
All performances are free and open to the public.
- Friday, Feb. 28, 7:30 p.m., East Chestnut Street Mennonite Church, Lancaster, Pa.
- Saturday, Feb. 29, 10 a.m., Landis Homes, Lititz, Pa.
- Saturday, Feb. 29, 4 p.m., Akron Mennonite Church, Akron, Pa.
- Sunday, March 1, 9:30 a.m., Blooming Glen Mennonite Church, Blooming Glen, Pa.
- Sunday, March 1, 7 p.m., Salford Mennonite Church, Harleysville, Pa.
- Monday, March 2, 7 p.m., Swamp Mennonite Church, Quakertown, Pa.
- Tuesday, March 3, 7 p.m., Marion Mennonite Church, Chambersburg, Pa.
The choir includes Brynn Yoder, Harrisonburg, Va.; Jareya Harder, Mountain Lake, Minn.; Leah Wenger, Harrisonburg, Va.; Andrew Stoltzfus, Harrisonburg, Va.; Nathaniel Partha Roy, Takoma Park, Md.; Anna Hoover, New Carlisle, Ohio; Stephanie Kniss, Chambersburg, Pa.; Sarah Ressler, Kidron, Ohio; Lucas Wenger, Harrisonburg, Va.; Anna Ressler, Kidron, Ohio; Joseph Seitz, Harrisonburg, Va.; Isaac Longacre, Quakertown, Pa.; and Andrew Burks, Purcellville, Va.