The Diamond Royals hosted Hampden-Sydney College on Saturday for an ODAC doubleheader, with a celebration for this year’s senior class prior to first pitch. View the game summary.
“These young men have exemplified the core values of our program in the time they have spent on campus,” said Head Coach Adam Posey. “Over the course of the last five years, they have been part of some of the most monumental wins in program history, while continuing to move our program forward in the classroom and the community. While there will be a very big hole to fill as they move on, we are lucky to have had them in the Black and Royal, and I have no doubt that they will be successful in their next endeavors.”
Fifteen seniors and their families were honored.
- Brendon Barrett, pitcher, Ocean Lakes HS/Virginia Beach, Va.’ Major: Marketing
- Noah Dahllof, infielder, Red Lion Christian/Bear, Delaware. Business administration
- Camden Earles, pitcher, Essex/Essex, Va. Marketing
- Robert Guenther, infielder/pitcher, George C. Marshall/Falls Church, Va. Business administration
- Ashton Henshaw, pitcher, Dinwiddie/Dinwiddie, Va. Liberal arts
- Garrett Howard, outfielder, Courtland/Fredericksburg, Va. Biology
- Daniel Hupart, 1B/pitcher, CD Hylton/Woodbridge, Va. Recreation and sports management
- Jordan Jones, outfielder, Randolph Henry/Saxe, Va. Recreation and sports management
- Jaylon Lee, outfield, Denbigh/Newport News, Va. Recreation and sports management
- Brett Lindsay, infielder, Gloucester/Gloucester, Va. Graduate: MA in organizational leadership/ UG: Recreation and sports management
- Gage Riddick, infielder, pitcher, Gates County/Gates County, N.C. Health and physical education
- Jon Sawyers, pitcher, Atlantic Shores Christian/Chesapeake, Va. Accounting
- Natty Solomon, 1B, Eastern Mennonite/Hesston/Harrisonburg, Va. Liberal arts
- Clay Stopha, pitcher, Millbrook/Winchester, Va. Economics
- Ray Tricarico, catcher, Eastern View/Culpeper, Va. Recreation and sports management
Teammates await seniors and their families during Saturday’s ceremony. Each senior selects a teammate to present them with their commemorative photo.
The ceremony is a time to recognize the commitment and dedication of the program’s senior, but also go share thanks and gratitude to the family members who supported student-athletes throughout their journey to EMU and while with the Royals. From left: Assistant coach Bailey Hall and senior Brett Lindsay, head coach Adam Posey and Kathryn Lindsay, Brett’s mother.