Dr. Sam Gbaydee Doe is a senior policy advisor and team leader for the Bureau for Crisis Prevention and Recovery of the United Nations Development Programme in New York, where he also leads UNDP’s working group on resilience. Prior to this posting he was a development and reconciliation advisor with the United Nations Resident Coordination Office in Colombo, Sri Lanka, an international consultant for evaluation and strategic coordination with the UN Mission in Liberia, and a senior conflict prevention and civil society development expert with the Pacific Regional Center of UNDP in Fiji. Before joining the UN system, Doe served as founding executive director of the West Africa Network for Peacebuilding the largest peacebuilding civil society network in Africa—and became one of the pioneers for civil society conflict early warning work in Africa. He was also chair of the Forum on Early Warning and Early Response (FEWER), a global network of conflict early warning scholars and practitioners based in London, and co-founder and chair of International Conflict and Security (INCAS) Consulting in London. In the last 20 years Doe has lectured and delivered numerous courses on peacebuilding, civil society development, conflict sensitive development, early warning, and monitoring and evaluation at universities and training institutions throughout Africa, North America, Europe, Asia, and the South Pacific. He holds a PhD in social and international affairs from the University of Bradford and an MA in conflict transformation from Eastern Mennonite University’s Center for Justice and Peacebuilding.
- e-Therapy and e-Support: An expressive therapist explores how to be supportive from a distance, when face-to-face isn’t an option
- Ali Gohar: Seeking to win minds and hearts in Pakistan with a carrot, not a stick
- Envisioning the Future
- Peacebuilding Compared: ‘Restorative justice, policing and insurgency: Learning from Pakistan’
- Alumni-in-Action: Danny Malec
- Afghanistan Babu Ayindo Barry Hart Brian Gumm Carl Stauffer David Brubaker Elaine Zook Barge Fulbright Scholar Harrisonburg Howard Zehr Jayne Docherty John Paul Lederach Lisa Schirch Mennonite Central Committee PhD PhD candidate restorative justice Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience Summer Peacebuilding Institute USAID