Nancy’s professional endeavors are mostly geared to support communities at large (to include the multicultural factors involving Hispanics) through biopsychosocial education, parenting, therapeutic working with families in danger of confronting dissolution as a result of domestic violence among other issues; parent/child relationship-reconstruction and healing; adolescents exhibiting defiant behavior. Her first MA in Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding at Eastern Mennonite University, as well as her second MS in mental health, have been instrumental in the provision of services to individuals exhibiting PTSD symptoms (Veterans’ combat trauma, abused children and women). Nancy’s therapeutic orientation is psychodynamic therapy, which includes group and individual work; family systems therapy; anger management facilitation; substance abuse and dependence; crisis intervention; in addition to conflict resolution and mediation. Nancy has worked closely with the local DSS/CPS, and Community Services Boards, as well as the Juvenile Detention Center as Lead Clinician. She is fully bilingual in English and Spanish with cultural competency. Nancy is a Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice, mostly servicing the Hispanic community in the Shenandoah Valley, VA. She directs Mental Wellness Now.
- Peacebuilding vocation and the Mennonites’ tutelage: personal reflections on my peacebuilding trajectory anchored on a Mennonite foundation
- e-Therapy and e-Support: An expressive therapist explores how to be supportive from a distance, when face-to-face isn’t an option
- Ali Gohar: Seeking to win minds and hearts in Pakistan with a carrot, not a stick
- Envisioning the Future
- Peacebuilding Compared: ‘Restorative justice, policing and insurgency: Learning from Pakistan’
- Ali Gohar Babu Ayindo Barry Hart Brian Gumm Carl Stauffer Center for Justice and Peacebuilding David Brubaker Elaine Zook Barge Fulbright Scholar Howard Zehr Jan Jenner Jayne Docherty John Paul Lederach Lisa Schirch Mennonite Central Committee PhD PhD candidate restorative justice Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience Summer Peacebuilding Institute