Amal was born in Hargeisa, Somaliland, and brought up in Saudi Arabia and India. She holds an MBA focused on project management and strategy from the University of Ballarat (Australia) and a BA in international business from the University of East London. Amal currently works on a multi-million dollar USAID-funded project being implemented across Somaliand that deals with stability and consensus building among communities. She has over 10 years of emergency, humanitarian and development work experience across the horn of Africa. Amal is an avid traveler and has been to a number of countries. She is married and recently became a mother.
- e-Therapy and e-Support: An expressive therapist explores how to be supportive from a distance, when face-to-face isn’t an option
- Ali Gohar: Seeking to win minds and hearts in Pakistan with a carrot, not a stick
- Envisioning the Future
- Peacebuilding Compared: ‘Restorative justice, policing and insurgency: Learning from Pakistan’
- Alumni-in-Action: Danny Malec
- Afghanistan Babu Ayindo Barry Hart Brian Gumm Carl Stauffer David Brubaker Elaine Zook Barge Fulbright Scholar Harrisonburg Howard Zehr Jayne Docherty John Paul Lederach Lisa Schirch Mennonite Central Committee PhD PhD candidate restorative justice Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience Summer Peacebuilding Institute USAID