Eastern Mennonite University students participated in a day of service and learning on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, 2013. Experiences included a walking tour of the historic northeast community of Harrisonburg, Va., dialogue about racism at a downtown barbershop, a meal at a community center and clean-up of a local stream. Shane Claiborne was guest speaker for the day.
Day of Service and Learning – EMU
Posted on February 18, 2013
- Start Your Journey With Us
- Women’s Peacebuilding Leadership Program
- Using STAR training in the Dominican Republic
- How Lois Zook Arndt is using STAR training at home
- How do you plan to use Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR)?
- How the STAR training is being used to help children
- Nurturing Resilience for Sustained Peacebuilding – EMU
- 3P Human Security Alumni Cedarwood Cross-Cultural David Brubaker Homecoming Leymah Gbowee Lisa Schirch Loren Swartzendruber Men's Basketball Men's Soccer Mennonite Central Committee Middle East peacebuilding Residence Life Restorative Justice STAR Summer Peacebuilding Institute Sustainability Women's Basketball