The purpose of the Student Government Association, as stated in our constitution, is:
- To develop responsible student leadership.
- To acknowledge the opportunity and obligation of students to participate in addressing student and institutional concerns.
- To sponsor beneficial student activities and organizations.
- To stimulate communication and cooperation among students, faculty and administration.
- To encourage accountability to the policies and the Anabaptist values fundamental to the University.
- To foster community and strive to make improvements in all areas of University life.
Want to know more? Read our SGA Constitution and By-Laws.
Student Initiated Endowment Fund
The Student Initiated Endowment Fund (SIEF) was the brain-child of EMU students concerned about the number of prospective students who choose not to attend EMU or other Christian colleges because of increasing tuition costs. They envisioned and worked to create an endowment fund that would provide scholarships based entirely on financial need.
The initial fundraising goal of $25,000 was reached during the spring of 1999, and additional gifts have been given totaling over $107,000. To date, more than $15,000 in scholarship aid has been awarded to qualifying students.
Your gift helps to build this fund and ensure that future generations of EMU students will be able to afford Christian higher education. Send contributions earmarked for SIEF to EMU, Office of Development, 1200 Park Road, Harrisonburg VA 22802.