Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Want to join your values with your professional nursing career? Join our 24-month online master’s level program.
The program is designed for working nurses who need to maintain commitments and remain on the job while developing leadership skills for the non-profit sector, multi-cultural settings, school nurse settings, and complex health care systems.
About our Online MS in Nursing Program
Be part of our community of online learners! Recent graduates praise the values-based program that provided a supportive network for their professional exploration and development.
What is unique about EMU’s MSN Program?
- An interprofessional focus means you’ll study business, education, conflict transformation, and nursing.
- Our sacred covenant framework of nursing is based on faith and values, high professional standards, and bringing people to wholeness and healing.
- Small class sizes enhance community-building.
- Earn your clinical hours in your own work setting!
- Our hybrid program is primarily online distance learning with some virtual classes.
- EMU’s expert nursing faculty often have extensive cross-cultural experience*.
- Clinical hours are arranged near the student’s residence in collaboration among student, faculty, agency, and preceptor.
- Students develop leadership skills while being mindful of what is just, culturally competent, respectful and sacred.
You’ll be part of a community of adult learners collaborating and finding strategic ways to improve the healthcare system. Many students, part time or fulltime, earn a majority of the required 250 clinical hours in their own work setting!
The master of science in nursing program at EMU is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).