Spring Break Y-Trips
Service, mission and learning with your peers.
Spring Break Y-Trips build friendships through serving others in locations across the east coast and the south. The cost for students is $150 ($200 for the Civil Rights Learning Tour) with $50 of this being non-refundable. Payment in full secures your place on a trip. Some scholarships are available.
Most Spring Break Y-Trips take place March 5-13. The Civil Rights Learning Tour will be from March 9-13.
Register with Brian in student life suite.
Y-Trip Locations for 2016
- “Civil Rights Learning Tour” with Multicultural and International Student Services the Gospel Choir, YPCA (Y-Serve) and the Black Student Union.
– Coordinators: Celeste Thomas, Tae Dews, Oksana Kittrell, Christian Parks
- Alterna Community (a bilingual and international community of Christ-followers devoted to faithful acts of hospitality, mercy, and justice) in LaGrange, Georgia.
– Leader: Amanda Helfrich, Assistant Leader: Teresa Garcia Bautista
- Mennonite Disaster Service (responding in Christian love to those affected by disasters) in Detroit, Michigan.
– Leaders: Robert Propst & Harrison Horst
- Serving with Appalachian People (SWAP) (addressing sub-standard housing, sharing the message of God’s love and building relationships in eastern Kentucky and West Virginia) in Elkhorn, West Virginia.
– Leaders: Grayson Mast & Abe Hartzler
Are you interested in leading a 2016 Spring Break Y-Trip?
Complete the Spring Break Y-Trip leader application form.