Pastoral Assistants (PAs)
Pastoral assistants serve the EMU campus community in a variety of roles. Most PAs support and mentor the ministry assistants from a particular residence hall, meeting regularly in ministry support groups (MSGs).
In addition, PAs plan and lead chapel services and facilitate gatherings that nurture spiritual life on campus by encouraging reflection, conversations, and dialogue along with planning Spiritual Life Week.
PAs are students who exhibit maturity of Christian faith, have experience in peer ministry, might have interest in ministry as a vocation or are discerning a call to ministry. PAs meet regularly with the campus pastors for mentoring.
- Hannah Shultz, Perry Blosser, Janaya Sachs, Alexa Weeks, Grayson Mast, Christina Hershey, Rachel Breidigan (spring)
- Carmen Miller serves as campus ministries program assistant.
If interested in serving as a PA, complete this PA application form. The application deadline is the final day of February.
Ministry Assistants (MAs)
Ministry assistants are students who are called and equipped to serve as a ministry presence on their residence hall floors. They practice and reflect on peer ministries through taking a practicum course in small group ministries, ministry support groups, and retreats. The ministry of MAs includes leading weekly times of Bible study, sharing, prayer, service, peer support as well as relationship building.
- Elmwood: Justice Kiser, Madalynn Payne, Bekah Mongold, Chris Taylor
- Maplewood: Dylan Grove, Andrew Troyer, Alex Wissler, Cameron White, Fall only: Lydia Musselman, Ethan Herman
- Cedarwood: Taylor Allen, Taylor Martin, Esther Ghale, Austin Sachs, Fall only: Elizabeth Witmer, Elizabeth Resto, Kieran O’Leary, Marina Baker
- Northlawn: Janet Spain, Emily Ashbrook, Shelby Alto, Clarissa White
- Parkwoods: Sarah Regan (Spring only)
If interested in being an MA, complete this MA application form. MA applications will be accepted until the end of February or until positions are filled.
Campus ministries provides a resource library for use by PAs and MAs for Bible studies, discussion groups and other occasions. The books, games, videos and supplies are categorized and shelved according to subject and can be signed out from the Student Life Suite in University Commons.
Come visit, peruse the options and check out a few resources. Here is a list of the resources available for check out: Campus Ministries Resource Library.