Master of Divinity and Master of Arts in Conflict Transformation Dual Degree
Present Academic Requirements
- Seminary MDiv degree requires 90 SH, 57 SH core requirements and 33 SH of Ministry Track electives.
- MACT has 45 SH, 27 SH are core requirements (based on a 6 SH practicum) and 18 SH for electives.
For a Dual Degree MDiv/MACT (total of 111 SH): In light of the Association of Theological Studies policy on “shared credit in degree programs,” we are allowing up to 12 SH to be reduced from the current MDiv requirements and the CTP program is allowing up to 12 SH to be reduced from the MACT for a dual degree. This is a reduction of 24 SH from the current combined degrees. A student would be free to take additional electives in either program. Each program currently specifies the core required courses for their respective degree programs (noted in the current catalogs).
MDiv: a total of 78 SH required (57 SH of the MDiv core curriculum and 21 of Ministry Track electives).
MACT: 27 SH from core and concentration requirements and 6 SH of CJP electives (chosen in consultation with academic advisor) for a total of 33 SH. Learn more about the MACT degree here
For the MDiv several integrative courses are included as designated electives.
MDiv- 6 SH from two of these designated electives
- Churches and Social Transformation
- Managing Congregational Conflict
- Peacebuilding in Anabaptist Perspective
To fulfill 3 SH of MDiv biblical studies requirements, one of these two courses:
- Biblical Foundations for Peacemaking
- Ethics and Nonviolence: Sermon on the Mount