EMU string students are trained to perform in a variety of settings: orchestra, chamber music, solo, etc. Here, a student string quartet performs for preschool students.
Top 10 reasons to be in our strings program
- Study and mentor with highly regarded strings faculty.
- Perform in a variety of settings: orchestra, chamber music, solo.
- Take music to people who cannot attend on campus performances: Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind, Correction facilities, Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community, and more.
- Learn how to develop a variety of programs to connect with people in diverse settings.
- Go on field trips to hear top-notch performances at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
- Teach and earn money in EMU Preparatory Music Program.
- Earn Suzuki teacher training with an EMU-certified Suzuki Teacher Trainer.
- Perform in the nationally known Shenandoah Valley Bach Festival as an Orchestral Fellow.
- Teach and mentor elementary school students in our Outreach Strings program.
- Have fun!!
Our strings program has much to offer. Learn more…
- alumni in the field
- Suzuki teacher training
- the faculty who will teach you
- the music department’s Encore Alumni Support Network
- our strings outreach program
- offerings of the music department’s preparatory program
Contact the music program office coordinator for more information at 540-432-4225 or