Summer Office Hours:
For July & August, 2016:
Tuesday: Noon to 3pm
Thursday: Noon to 3pm
Monday: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Please contact Sharon Miller for urgent needs.
Wednesday: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Thursday: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Monday: 9:30am to 3:30pm
Tuesday: 9:30am to 3:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 10:15am & 12:30pm to 4:00pm
Friday: 9:30am to 3:30pm
Preparatory Music Program
Shenandoah Valley Preparatory Music became a program of EMU’s department of music in 1988 and is dedicated to providing the highest quality music education to all students in the central Shenandoah Valley regardless of age, race, ability, financial circumstances, or ethnic origin through private and/or group instruction in a variety of musical areas as well as through performance settings. Under the direction of administrative director Sharon M.D. Miller, musical instruction is given to over 400 students in the following areas:
- Instrumental music instruction: violin, viola, cello, double bass, piano, flute, guitar; Suzuki violin, viola, cello, piano, flute and guitar.
- Recreational Music Making: adult group piano classes
- Musikgarten: ages birth to 5 years
- Shenandoah Valley Youth Symphony and Junior Strings: grades 3-12
- Harrisonburg City School Strings Program: grades 3-4 in the elementary schools and grades 5-8 in the middle schools
For more information contact .
The 2016-17 PDF Brochure and Registration Form, which contains important program and pricing information, can be found HERE.
Online Registration can be found HERE.
Our students and performances
Believing music can enrich everyone’s life and is to be shared, performances are arranged in formal and informal settings on EMU’s campus and throughout the community to provide quality music education to the residents of the greater central Shenandoah Valley area. Participants come from as far north and east as Woodstock and Luray and from as far south as Waynesboro and Lexington. Students also travel from West Virginia.
Phone 540-432-4277 or