Cost and Financial Aid
Tuition and Costs
- Tuition for 2011-12 is $500 per credit hour
- A $50 program fee is charged to each student at the beginning of the program to cover the cost of several inventories and profiles used across the program.
- Students will incur additional costs for textbooks.
Payment Methods Accepted
- EMU accepts direct payments from student’s place of employment
- EMU accepts cash, personal checks, cashiers checks, and money orders for tuition accounts. For miscellaneous accounts, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are also accepted.
- A monthly payment plan per year with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) is available. Brochures are available in the student accounts office. To make a payment on your existing TMS contract, log in at www.afford.com. To set up a monthly payment plan contact Heather Stifler.
- If a monthly payment plan alone does not cover your balance, we suggest, through TMS, a BorrowSmart monthly payment plan and loan combination strategy. Combining the monthly payments and the loan option of your choice will permit you to reduce debt while allowing affordable monthly payments. This is the best option for most students and families to limit debt. Go to www.afford.com/emu for education payment counseling via phone or the web.
Payment for the semester’s tuition, less processed financial aid is due one week before classes begin.
Unpaid accounts may be subject to the following:
- EMU network access for student-owned computers will be denied
- Charging to the miscellaneous account will be denied
- Grades, transcripts, enrollment, class attendance and diploma will be denied
- Monthly finance charge of 1.5%(18% annually)
- Credit bureau reporting
- Collection and/or attorney fees necessary for collection of unpaid debts
Your first steps toward financial assistance for your masters degree should be the following:
- Determine what portion of education expenses (tuition, cost of travel, books, etc.) your institution will pay and their requirements.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Complete the EMU Financial Aid Information Sheet available from the financial assistance office.
- Check out the American Association of Colleges of Nursing for more financial aid options