The March 1 application deadline has passed. Please check back after September 1, 2015 when the online application will be available again.
Apply to the School Nurse Certificate Program
Applicants are accepted to the program on a rolling basis. The admissions committee meets quarterly to review complete applications. Applicants will be notified as committee decisions are made.
Deadline for submission of all application materials is March 1, with final decision of admissions by March 15. The program begins with a mandatory on-campus orientation in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in early May, with classes starting in mid-May.
- BS in Nursing or BSN reflected in official transcripts
- Minimum of a 2.8 GPA for admission, with a 3.0 GPA maintained during program
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania with 2000 hours of experience
After acceptance into the program, the following are required:
- Proof of current:
• CPR certification (healthcare provider course)
• Immunizations and tuberculin testing
• Liability insurance
- Documentation of current:
• ACT 151 criminal history check
• 114 FBI clearance, including fingerprinting
• ACT 34 child abuse clearance forms
- Visit Pennsylvania Department of Education website for details on school nurse certification
A completed application includes all of the following:
- EMU MS in Nursing Application submitted online
- Non-refundable application fee of $25 paid online
- Two reference forms – one from an employer and one academic – submitted online
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transcripts should be sent to:
Eastern Mennonite University
Attn: MSN Program
1200 Park Rd.
Harrisonburg, VA. 22802
For more information contact:
Dawn Lambert, MSN, RN
Instructor of Nursing
School Nurse Certification Program Coordinator
Eastern Mennonite University in Lancaster, PA
Office phone: 717-397-5190