History & Political Science
- African American Newspapers, 1827-1997
- provides online access to approximately 270 U.S. newspapers chronicling a century and a half of the African American experience.
- Alternative Press Center’s Online Directory
- A listing of titles indexed in Alternative Press Index including links to their websites.
- American History in Video
- Provides a wide range of videos for the study of American History. Includes documentaries from The History Channel, Bullfrog Films as well as newsreels shown before feature films before television.
- CIAO – Columbia International Affairs Online
- Provides access to resources dealing with international affairs including journal articles, books, case studies, & policy briefs.
- Early American Newspapers Series 3, 1829-1922
- Provides access to newspaper published between 1829-1922 through out the United States.
- Films on Demand – Master Academic collection
- a collection of streaming videos from such producers as Films for the Humanities and Sciences, PBS, ABC News, Bill Moyers, BBC and others.
- The full-text of Harper’s Weekly from 1857 – 1877
- An archive of leading academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences, as well as select monographs and other materials valuable for academic work. EMU has access to Collections I – III & VII.
- Legal Collection
- Provides access to a collection of respected, scholarly peer-reviewed publications including law journals, documents, and case studies.
- Military & Government Collection
- Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content.
- New York Times – Historical
- Provides a PDF version of the NYT from 1851-2006
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Provides cover to cover full-text access to 131 national and international newspapers including The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, The Toranto Star, and The Times (London). Provides selective coverage of over 355 US newpapers and transcripts of television and radio news programs including NPR & CNN.
- Oxford Reference Online
- History – Reference sources
Law – Reference sources
Military History – Reference sources
Political & Social Science – Reference sources
Pre-History – Reference sources
The Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace
- PAIS International
- Provides access to the literature covering issues of importance dealing with social and public issues.
- Plowshares – Digital Archive for Peace Studies – A collaboration of Earlham, Goshen, and Manchester colleges.
- OCLC catalog of books, web resources, and other material worldwide