Nursing at EMU Lancaster
The goal of EMU Lancaster is to graduate nurses who have the capacity to develop a personal art of nursing that grows from an excellent knowledge base, their own personal resources, a sense of the sacred in moments and places and a profound sense of respect for all people.
What makes nursing at EMU unique? We offer:
- Smaller class sizes.
- Individualized attention from mentoring faculty and staff.
- A perspective of nursing within a sacred covenant framework in which the nurse practices presence, grace, agape love, justice, and advocacy.
- The chance to make a difference by partnering with community agencies in a project that promotes the health of local citizens.
- The ability to make a difference by listening to stories of clients and the opportunity to become a part of that story in a meaningful way.
- Nursing practice that is concerned with the “whole” person, the family and the community…
- The opportunity to make a difference by using research in practice.
- Interaction with diverse cultures.