What donors say
“Giving has always been a part of my life. It’s important to think about what you do with your money while you’re here, and even after you’re gone.”
- Esther Steckle
Annual Giving to the University Fund
Gifts to the University Fund make possible a university experience like no other, where faith development, cross-cultural understanding, creation care and service to others are emphasized. These contributions can be designated for the university, seminary, the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding, athletics annual fund or any combination of the four.
Alumni Participation Rate
Alumni gifts are extra important. It is not a coincidence that the most highly regarded universities in the United States have the greatest percentage of alumni contributors. Every gift from an alumnus, regardless of size, benefits EMU in multiple ways and is greatly appreciated.
Your Gifts to the University Fund Will…
- Enable EMU to fulfill its mission of preparing graduates to serve and lead in a global context.
- Cover a substantial portion of the university’s operating budget not covered by income from endowment and tuition. The tuition paid by students accounts for only a portion of the cost of an EMU education.
- Enable the university to be competitive and selective in attracting and retaining faculty who combine excellence in scholarship with a deep commitment to students and the mission of the university.
- Help to fund technology for classrooms, science and computer labs, and the library.
- Provide opportunities for students to grown spiritually and intellectually.
EMU Awarded $13.3 Million in Financial Aid in 2014-15
EMU’s interest in keeping tuition affordable and reducing student debt load upon graduation is what drives our efforts to encourage unrestricted, annual giving. These contributions enable the university to offer financial assistance to highly qualified students, regardless of their ability to pay.
Because seminary students are not eligible for federal grants, EMU financial assistance to seminary students has more than doubled in the last ten years. These gifts allow students from Mennonite, Methodist and other Christian denominations to further discern their call to ministry and prepare for service in church and other settings.
Contributions designated for the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding (CJP) benefit students from a wide variety of backgrounds, cultures and countries. These gifts provide support for CJP’s educational and training programs, thereby assisting in keeping tuition more affordable.
How can you make a difference?
Alumni and friends who commit to support the university with annual gifts to the University Fund, regular prayer support, and advocacy of the university’s mission and programs are called Associates in Discipleship. We invite you to join one or more of these giving groups.
- President’s Partners — Annual gifts of $5,000 and above
- Associates — Annual gifts of $1,000 to $4,999
- Blue & White Society — Annual gifts of $500 to $999
- Aquila and Priscilla Partners — Annual gifts of at least $500 to Eastern Mennonite Seminary
- John Wesley Partners — United Methodist donors of at least $500 to Eastern Mennonite Seminary
- Partners in Peacebuilding — Annual gifts of at least $1,000 to the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding
- Blue and White Royals – Annual gifts of $500 to $999 to Athletics Annual Fund