Join us June 14-20, 2015,
for an exciting opportunity to study Baroque music!
This intimate workshop is designed to give participants hands-on experience in Baroque technique and interpretation through masterclasses and coaching sessions. Players of all levels are welcome in this five-day Baroque immersion course. Solo practice time will be available for all participants.
- Harpsichord: solo repertoire, continuo skills, coached ensembles. No early keyboard experience required.
- Violin: solo repertoire, coached ensembles, and introduction to period instruments.
- Viola da Gamba: solo repertoire, consort playing, coached ensembles, and introduction to viol for string players.
- Recorder: technique, period performance practice, solo repertoire, coached ensembles.
- Singers: English Lute Song Project: solo songs of the Shakespearean era, rhetoric, performance practice and notation.
- Chamber music: all string players, wind players, and singers are encouraged to attend the afternoon sessions for Baroque ensemble coaching. Pre-formed groups are also welcome.
- A session on historical tuning, temperaments, and maintenance will round out this week of Baroque music-making.
Artist Faculty Recital: Monday, June 15, 2015, 12:00pm
at First Presbyterian Church
To Delight the Soule and Eare
Masterpieces from 17th & 18th century Europe
Arthur Haas, Linda Quan, Martha McGaughey
Location: First Presbyterian Church
17 Court Square, Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Contact: Lynne Mackey, director