Join us June 12-17, 2017,
for an exciting opportunity to study Baroque music!
This intimate workshop is designed to give participants hands-on experience in Baroque technique and interpretation through masterclasses and coaching sessions. Players of all levels are welcome in this five-day Baroque immersion course. Solo practice time will be available for all participants.
- Harpsichord: solo repertoire, continuo skills, coached ensembles. No early keyboard experience required.
- Violin: solo repertoire, coached ensembles, and introduction to period instruments.
- Viola da Gamba: solo repertoire, consort playing, coached ensembles, and introduction to viol for string players.
- Recorder: technique, period performance practice, solo repertoire, coached ensembles.
- Singers: Baroque and Beyond: Early song and its accompaniment from the late Middle Ages to the High Baroque. Bowed and plucked string accompaniment as well as harpsichord welcome.
- Chamber Music: All participants will be involved in ensemble coaching sessions. Pre-formed groups are also welcome.
- Daily Baroque Dance Class: This year’s focus will be English Country Dance.
- A session on historical tuning, temperaments, and maintenance will round out this week of Baroque music-making.
Location: First Presbyterian Church
17 Court Square, Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Contact: Lynne Mackey, director