Join us June 12-18, 2016,
for an exciting opportunity to study Baroque music!
This intimate workshop is designed to give participants hands-on experience in Baroque technique and interpretation through masterclasses and coaching sessions. Players of all levels are welcome in this five-day Baroque immersion course. Solo practice time will be available for all participants.
- Harpsichord: solo repertoire, continuo skills, coached ensembles. No early keyboard experience required.
- Violin: solo repertoire, coached ensembles, and introduction to period instruments.
- Viola da Gamba: solo repertoire, consort playing, coached ensembles, and introduction to viol for string players.
- Recorder: technique, period performance practice, solo repertoire, coached ensembles.
- Singers: Baroque and Beyond: Early song and its accompaniment from the late Middle Ages to the High Baroque. Bowed and plucked string accompaniment as well as harpsichord welcome.
- Chamber Music: All participants will be involved in ensemble coaching sessions. Pre-formed groups are also welcome.
- Daily Baroque Dance Class: This year’s focus will be English Country Dance.
- A session on historical tuning, temperaments, and maintenance will round out this week of Baroque music-making.
NEW for 2016: Baroque Dance Workshop (Mon-Fri)
- For dancers and actors (dance training required)
- Learn dance style, technique, and Baroque notation
- Learn a Pecour choreography (pub. 1700, Parisian Royal Ballet choreographer)
Information and Applications
Baroque Workshop Brochure
Baroque Workshop Application
Baroque Workshop Fees
Baroque Workshop Schedule
Baroque Workshop Reviews
Baroque Dance Workshop Information
Baroque Dance Workshop Application
Location: First Presbyterian Church
17 Court Square, Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Contact: Lynne Mackey, director