YMCA – The YMCA offers great hands-on opportunities, including coaching, leading classes, and helping out with youth programs. Expect as much experience as you’re ready for.
National Park Service – Students at the National Park Service have had the option of working directly with people (leading nature tours and group activities), or entering the administrative side of outdoor recreation by working in the NPS headquarters.
Anacostia Watershed Society – Work with a team who is committed to getting Federal, state, and local government to clean up the Anacostia River. In this internship, you will lead canoe trips and educate children and adults about environmental problems and solutions.
DC United – Help DC’s professional soccer team at practices, and assist with administrative tasks.
Outdoor Education & Environment
- Anacostia Watershed Society
- Washington Parks and People
- Living Classrooms
- Patuxent Wildlife Refuge
- Earth Conservation Corps
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- National Park Service Office – Assist with national risk management audit and program development. Ask Lester Zook for further details.
- National Parks in DC – On each park’s website, click on ‘Support Your Park’ to see internship openings
Youth Sports & Physical Education
- DC Scores
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- For Love of Children
- Department of Parks and Recreation
- Homerun Baseball Camp