Business & Accounting
Most of the organizations below have hosted WCSC business or accounting majors in the past, and others are likely to be of interest to business students.
- Washington Design Center The epicenter for high design and luxury goods, The Washington Design Center is located in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol and just off the National Mall. Interns can work in the accounting or marking department of this well-known local small business.
- Jubilee Housing – Work in the accounting and finance department of an organization that provides affordable housing and supportive services to economically disadvantaged residents of the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC.
- Manna, Inc. – Assist low and moderate-income families to fulfill the dream of homeownership.
- Washington Area Community Investment Fund – Business and Accounting students can work with this community development loan fund whose mission is to empower underserved communities and individuals in the Washington metropolitan area by providing access to capital and technical assistance to small businesses, childcare centers, affordable housing developers, and community organizations.
- DC Central Kitchen – Help coordinate volunteers at the largest provider of meals to DC’s hungry and homeless.
- Community IT Innovators – CITI is an employee-owned company committed to helping social mission organizations effectively use technology. Interns can gain business experience at a socially-responsible, for-profit organization with a genuine commitment to make the world a better place.
- Bread for the World – Business and Accounting students can gain experience in a variety of aspects of non-profit management at this large downtown non-profit organization in the heart of Washington, D.C.
- YMCA – The YMCA offers hands-on accounting experience. The accounting team takes a mentoring approach with students and gives them all the training and guidance they need to succeed in this internship and beyond.
Accounting, Business Administration & Marketing
Examples of organizations where your skills may be applied:
- The Washington Ballet
- Sister Cities International
- Capital Area Food Bank Marketing Department
- Touchstone Art Gallery
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Potters House
- Green America businesses (formerly known as Co-op America )
- Sitar Art Center
- Jubilee Housing
- Community of Hope Health Clinic
- Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School
- American National Standards Institute
- Community IT Innovators (CITI)
- Bread for the World
Local Business Development
- Washington Area Community Investment Fund
- Jubilee Jobs
- Gateway Community Development Corporation
- Ethiopian Community Development Council
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Latino Economic Development Corporation
Socially Conscious Investing
- Fair Trade Federation
- Green America (formerly known as Co-op America )
- CtW Investment Group (labor pension funds)
- Financial Education & Literacy Advisers (FELA)
Mortgage and Homeowner Assistance
- FINCA International
- (Many others)