Applications and Other Forms
2017-2018 Suite/Apartment Application Information
(HillsideSuites, Parkwood Apartments, and Traditional Residence Hall Suites)
Note: All students interested in Apartment/Suite Housing or Northlawn Pre-professional floor for Seniors for 2017-2018 should attend the informational meeting in University Commons 211/212 on Monday, January 30 at 6:00 pm
- Hillside Suites or Parkwoods Apartments: Available to fulltime juniors (56+SH) and seniors (90+SH) or those students age 20+ by 9/1/2017. Hillside and Parkwoods contracts are for one full academic year (fall and spring).
- Traditional Residence Hall Suites: Available to any fulltime undergraduate student. Preference given to upper class students. A 2.0 cumulative GPA is required at the time of application per person, and an average of 3.0 for the group is required. Students with one or more alcohol/drug-related violation are ineligible to live in a suite. Students with two or more of ANY kind of violation are also ineligible. Applications with less than 4 residents for both semesters will not be considered. If your group fails to meet any of the above criteria, your application must be accompanied by a letter of appeal.
Suite/Apartment Application Instructions:
- 1. Create an IDENTIFYING CODE for your suite/apartment group. This code should be a unique combination of letters and numbers that no other group will use. Each individual applicant must insert the same identical code on their application.
- 2. Each individual in the group needs to complete the Suite/Apartment Application .
- 3. Read the general application and contract information sections thoroughly (at beginning of online application).
- 4. Submit all individual applications online no later than February 15, 2016. Individual forms submitted separately may not be considered.
- 5. If you have any questions or concerns about the Suite/Apartment Application process, please contact .
This process is extremely competitive. The following weighting system is in place in order to determine applicant priority for choosing placement. Applications will be due on February 6, 2017. Weighting is as follows:
- AGE as of 9/1/2017: ≤18 (0), 19 (1), 20(2), 21(3), Over 21 (5)
- CLASS LEVEL as of 9/01/2017: So (1), Jr (3), Sr (5)
-Upon application submission, suite is fully occupied both semesters (5 extra points per group)
-Current disciplinary probation status (-2 points)
2017-2018 Pre-professional Floor Information
In 2017-18, Northlawn 4th floor will be aimed at Senior students who are foremost looking for a community with similar academic interests. The intention is to create a space for students who are in student teaching placements, internships etc. who desire different sleeping times than the average residence hall tends to offer as easily.
Although the target audience is Senior students who are working on their last requirements before graduation, other students not in placements can also apply, citing a need and desire for a focused academic living community. Junior students interested in this space can also apply, but will be housed based on availability after need for senior students is met. First-year and sophomore students will not be housed on this floor.
Northlawn 4th Floor is available to full-time juniors (56+SH) and seniors (90+SH) or those students age 20+ by 9/1/2017. Preference will be given to Seniors. A 3.0 cumulative GPA is required at the time of application Students with one or more alcohol/drug-related violation within the past three semesters are ineligible to live in on 4th floor. Students with two or more of ANY kind of violation are also ineligible. If your application fails to meet any of the above criteria, it must be accompanied by a letter of appeal. There are two suites available—one for men and one for women.
Pre-professional Floor Application Instructions
Please complete the Application found here . If you have any questions or concerns about the Pre-professional floor Application process, please contact .
Off-campus housing application
Because we believe that residence hall living fosters social and emotional development, it is required that all full-time single, undergraduate students live on campus. Students must submit a form to request off-campus housing approval and document their eligibility during the semester prior to living off-campus. Failure to complete the form, living off-campus without approval, or providing misleading/inaccurate information on the form will incur a $1,000 penalty.
Exemption may be given to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Live with parents or legal guardians.
- Have earned a total of at least 90 semester hours of credit before fall semester registration day of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested. (i.e., senior status) and be at least 21 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off campus housing is requested.
- Be at least 23 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off campus housing is requested, regardless of credit hours earned.
- Need to reserve an apartment due to marriage plans within the semester.
- Require specialized care as prescribed by a medical doctor.
Questions? Contact the Residence Life Office at 432-4135.