Office Phone: (540) 432-4187
Office Location: CC 325
Office Hours: Please contact Dolores Hertzler at 432-4186 for appointment
Melody earned her BA in nursing from EMU in 1989 and went on to earn a MS in medical/surgical nursing from University of Virginia two years later. In 2003 she earned her graduate certificate in teaching nursing. In August 2010 she earned her PhD in Instructional Technology from the University of Virginia Curry School of Education.
- PhD in Instructional Technology from the University of Virginia Curry School of Education, August 2010.
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching Nursing, IUPUI, April 2003.
- Master of Science Degree in Medical/Surgical Nursing, University of Virginia, July 1991.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Nursing, Eastern Mennonite College, May 1989.
- Cash, M. M. (2011). A research based model for the design and delivery of health messages. Presentation, National Gerontological Nurses Association. Louisville, KY.
- Cash, M. (2011). What exactly is evidence based practice? Presentation. Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Harrisonburg, VA.
- Cash, M. (2010). Application of Instructional Design Principles to Simulation. Presentation, VASSA (Virginia State Simulation Alliance).
- Cash, M. Butcher, J., Horst, V., (2008). Enhancing student clinical skills and confidence utilizing laboratory simulation. Poster, VASSA (Virginia State Simulation Alliance) Conference.
- Cash, M. Butcher, J., Horst, V., (2008). Enhancing student clinical skills and confidence utilizing laboratory simulation. Poster, Pi Mu Professional Development Day, Chapter of STTI, Harrisonburg, VA
- Cash, M. Butcher, J., Horst, V., (2008). Enhancing student clinical skills and confidence utilizing laboratory simulation. Poster presentation, Mosby Faculty Development Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Arnold, G.N.; Cohn, W.F.; Cash, M. M., (2007). When the people speak we listen: Making sure the library of tomorrow reflects the real needs of users. Presented by G. Arnold at the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting. Philadelphia, PA.
- Cash, M.M. (2007). Tailored Educational Approaches to Consumer Health Education. Presentation, Pi Mu Professional Development Day, Chapter of STTI, Harrisonburg, VA.
- Adult Life Group Co-Leader (HFCN)
- Children’s Life Group Co-Leader (HFCN)
- Volunteer for Hope Distributed Food Bank (HFCN)
- Vice-President, Pi Mu Chapter-at-Large, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Term 2010-2013.
- Rockingham Memorial Hospital Evidence-Based Practice Council, Ad-Hoc Member
- Thomas Harrison Middle School and Harrisonburg High School PTAs, Member
- Registered Nurse, State of Virginia, original license date: 08/22/1989.
- Member Sigma Theta Tau International (Nursing Honor Society)
- Member National Gerontological Nurses Association
- Member Virginia State Simulation Alliance
- May 2012. Council of Independent Colleges Department & Division Chair Workshop: Promoting Institutional Effectiveness Through Collaboration. Charleston, SC.
- March 2012. American Association of Nursing Semi-Annual Deans/Directors Meeting. Washington, D.C.
- April 2012. Pi Mu Professional Development Day, Harrisonburg, VA.
- October 2011. National Gerontological Nursing Association Annual Convention, Louisville, KY.
- April 2011. Pi Mu Professional Development Day, Harrisonburg, VA.
- October 2010. STTI Leadership Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- May 2010.VASSA (Virginia State Simulation Alliance) Conference, Culpepper, VA.
- Developed and taught: NURS 629 Instructional Methodologies for Nurse Leaders
- Member of Task Force on Classroom Technology and Distance Learning (August 2011-present)
- Admissions Committee Member, (Term 2009-2012)
- Adult Degree Completion Program Assessment Committee Member, (2004-present)
- MSN Admission Committee Member (2010-2012)
- MSN Development Committee Member (2010-2012)
- Nursing Department Chair Search Committee (2010-April 2011)
- Nursing Level One Coordinator
- New Faculty Mentor (2010-2011 academic year)