Discover the Beauty and the Culture of India
India is in South Asia and shares borders with Pakistan, China, and Nepal. The rugged Himalayan mountain range lies in the northern part of India while the southern tip consists of deserts, rain forests and relaxing beaches. India has a deep history dating back to 3200 BC when Hinduism was first founded. Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam all are practiced in India. Each of these religions give a different perspective to one’s philosophy of life.
Come, learn and experience the culture of India.
- See the breathtaking views of the Taj Mahal as the sun sets while the dhobi (clothes washers) wash clothes in the river behind this glorious monument built for a loving wife.
- Visit with a villager scavaging the hillside for sticks in the forest to use for a fire to make dinner.
- Gaze upon the “Snows”—the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayan mountain range.
- Understand the importance of bathing in the Ganga (Ganges) River.
- Experience the generosity of the people who will graciously welcome you into their mud homes for a cup of Chai and a chance to talk with you.
- Visit and work at Mother Teresa’s organization in Calcutta working with the destitute.
Jheldi Chhello!! (Let’s go!)