Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship
EMU’s MBA and Center for Justice and Peacebuilding have teamed up to offer a new graduate certificate in nonprofit leadership and social entrepreneurship.
Graduates will be uniquely prepared to organize, create and manage a venture or organization working to bring about social change.
The program includes 15 semester hours (five courses) from a menu of course offerings that equip leaders to manage nonprofits and understand how people function within organizations.
Students select three to five courses:
- MBA 628: Systems Approach to Organizational Behavior*
- MBA 660: Legal Aspects of Business and Human Resources
- MBA 638: Finance & Accounting for Nonprofit Entities
- MBA 648: Project Management
- MBA 658: Stewardship, Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship
Students select one to two courses:
- PAX 564: Developing Healthy Organizations*
- PAX 614: Systems Approach to Organizational Conflict
- PAX 565: Leadership for Healthy Organizations
The MBA program will issue the NL&SE certificate after the student has satisfactorily completed five courses within an advisor-approved program. Individuals interested in pursuing the graduate certificate in NL&SE are encouraged to contact the MBA office for additional information and an application form.
*One or the other course may be taken.