2014 photo galleries
2014 podcasts, video and more
- Listen to podcasts from commencement weekend, including commencement, baccalaureate, Cords of Distinction awards, and more
2014 speaker Leymah Gbowee
Saturday, April 25, 2015
- 2 p.m. 66th Seminary commencement
- 4 p.m. University Cords of Distinction ceremony
- 7 p.m. University baccalaureate
Sunday, April 26, 2015
- 1 p.m. 97th annual commencement
- 4 p.m. CJP graduation ceremony
More details to be announced in spring 2015.
Under a postcard-perfect blue sky in April, 467 members of the EMU graduating class of 2014 heard Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee call them to “take action in the present” rather than be paralyzed by uncertainty about what their future holds.
“Begin with what you have,” she said, using “your little gift to change the world.”
Gbowee referred with pride in her commencement speech to being a graduate of EMU (she earned a master’s degree in conflict transformation in 2007) and to being the mother of a 2014 graduate, Joshua Mensah.
“My home is 5,000 miles away from this campus, but this is a place that is very close to my heart.”
Podcasts of 2014 Events
- University commencement with speaker Leymah Gbowee
- Seminary baccalaureate
- Seminary commencement with speaker Elizabeth Soto Albrecht, moderator of Mennonite Church USA
- Undergraduate baccalaureate with speaker Carolyn Stauffer, PhD, assistant professor of sociology at EMU
- Nurses pinning ceremony with speaker Ann Hershberger, PhD, professor of nursing
- Undergraduate Cords of Distinction awards