Estimated costs for STAR
- Level I training: $749.00
Level I training at the Summer Peacebuilding Institute: $1150.00 (seven days, May 25-June 2, 2015)
- Level II training: $899.00
Special package deals
Choose from one of our great training packages and save!
1. Register for Level I and Level II and receive 40% off the Level II price (must register and pay for both trainings at the same time to receive the discount): $1289.00 (paid in one payment)
Regular price of Level I $749 + Level II $899 = $1648, a savings of $359.00
(The package discount cannot be combined with any other discount or scholarship)
Email for more information.
- Lodging at the EMU guest house or private homes near campus for 5 nights costs about $30.00 per night. Total cost is estimated at $150 per 5-day training session. Contact for booking. Please note that the Guest House will no longer be available after June 30, 2015.
- The average per night fee for other lodging is $75.00 per night. Total cost is estimated at $375 per 5-day training session. More information about local hotels and motels…
Estimated cost is $21.00 per day for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the EMU Dining Hall. Total cost is estimated at $105 per 5-day training session. Hours and prices of the dining hall are:
- Hot breakfast 7 – 9 a.m. $6.00
- Lunch 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. $7.00
- Supper/dinner 5 – 7 p.m. $8.00
There is no public transportation to Harrisonburg from local airports. Once in Harrisonburg, there is local bus and taxi service around town.
Travel to and from EMU
Airport Shuttle Services
- The Valley Connector is great option for transportation from the airport. Please contact them directly from their website for a quote and to schedule. They are a local company that offers door to door shuttle service from and to Washington Dulles International Airport, National (Ronald Reagan) Airport, BWI, and Charlottesville Regional Airport.
Amtrak: 20 minutes away in Staunton, Va.
NOTE: Average cost for a rental car picked up at DC airports is $250 for one week.
You will be required to pay for any DHL charges, wire transfer fees that have been incurred during the registration process. Estimated cost for this is $100.