Estimated costs for STAR
- Level I training: $749.00
Level I training at the Summer Peacebuilding Institute: $1100.00 (seven days, May 26-June 3, 2014)
- Level II training: $899.00
- The Journey Home from War workshop: $299
Special package deals
Choose from one of our great training packages and save!
1. Register for Level I and Level II (must register and pay for both trainings at the same time to receive the discount): $1299.00 (paid in one payment)
Regular price of Level I $749 + Level II $899 = $1648, a savings of $349.00
(The package discount cannot be combined with any other discount or scholarship)
Email for more information.
If you do not have insurance which is valid in the US you are required to purchase temporary insurance while on campus. Cost is currently $25.
- Lodging at the EMU guest house or private homes near campus for 5 nights costs about $30.00 per night. Total cost is estimated at $150 per 5-day training session. Contact for booking.
- The average per night fee for other lodging is $75.00 per night. Total cost is estimated at $375 per 5-day training session. More information about local hotels and motels…
Estimated cost is $14.00 per day for breakfast and dinner in the EMU Dining Hall. Total cost is estimated at $65 per 5-day training session. Hours and prices of the dining hall are:
- Hot breakfast 7 – 9 a.m. $6.00
- Lunch 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. $7.00
- Supper/dinner 5 – 7 p.m. $8.00
There is no public transportation to Harrisonburg from local airports. Once in Harrisonburg, there is local bus and taxi service around town.
Travel to and from EMU
Airport Shuttle Services
- The Valley Connector is great option for transportation from the airport. Please contact them directly from their website for a quote and to schedule. They are a local company that offers door to door shuttle service from and to Washington Dulles International Airport, National (Ronald Reagan) Airport, BWI, and Charlottesville Regional Airport.
Amtrak: 20 minutes away in Staunton, Va.
NOTE: Average cost for a rental car picked up at DC airports is $250 for one week.
You will be required to pay for any DHL charges, wire transfer fees that have been incurred during the registration process. Estimated cost for this is $100.