General Payment Information
Coming Summer 2013
EMU will be implementing a new and enhanced student account management system. This Student Account Center will be used to view student account balances and make payments in one secure location.
Payment for fall semester tuition, room and board less processed financial aid is due by August 20, 2013. Payment for spring semester tuition, room and board less processed financial aid is due by January 2, 2014.
Tuition, room and board charges, less processed financial aid, are due one week before classes begin for each semester. Unpaid accounts may be subject to the following:
- EMU network access for student-owned computers will be denied
- Charging to the miscellaneous account will be denied
- Grades, transcripts, enrollment, class attendance and diploma will be denied
- Monthly finance charge of 1.5% (18% annually)
- Credit bureau reporting
- Collection and/or attorney fees necessary for collection of unpaid debts
- A monthly payment plan with Tuition Management Systems is available for all students enrolled in a traditional academic year program. TMS is not for past-due accounts or summer programs. Brochures are available in the student accounts office. To make a payment on your existing TMS contract, log in at www.afford.com. To set up a monthly payment plan or make a one-time payment go to emu.afford.com.
- If a monthly payment plan alone does not cover your balance, we suggest, through TMS, a BorrowSmart monthly payment plan and loan combination strategy. Combining the monthly payments and the loan option of your choice will permit you to reduce debt while allowing affordable monthly payments. This is the best option for most students and families to limit debt. Go to emu.afford.com for education payment counseling via phone or the web.
- With TMS you may use major credit cards. There is a convenience fee for this service. You may also make direct payments from your checking account for no charge.
Payment Methods Accepted
- EMU accepts cash, personal checks, cashiers checks, and money orders for tuition accounts. For miscellaneous accounts, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are also accepted.
- TMS accepts one time payments for your tuition and miscellaneous accounts online at emu.afford.com. With TMS you may use major credit cards. There is a convenience fee for this service. You may also make direct payments from your checking account for no charge through TMS.
- EMU has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you can pay from any country and any bank. You are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school.