Advent Greetings from EMU!
“Go Tell It on the Mountain,” click here, and performed by EMU’s choral ensemble Emulate.
Go Tell It on the Mountain…
With deep division in our country and around the world, we reflect this Advent season on the imagery of mountains, God’s unfailing love, and the joy brought by the birth of the Prince of Peace. May this recording of Go Tell It on the Mountain and the accompanying images help you reflect on how you will share God’s peace and love this season and throughout a new year. For an article on the production with composer notes, click here.
“‘Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the LORD, who has compassion on you.” – Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)
“I just want to do God’s will. And he’s allowed me to go to the mountain. And I’ve looked over, and I’ve seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” – Isaiah 9:6
Campus Christmas Events and Details
- Nov 28 – Dec 16: MCC Haiti Christmas Project deliver a complete Relief Kit to the EMU@Lancaster or make a monetary donation
- Dec. 1, 4:30 p.m.: Christmas Caroling, Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Dec. 3, 8 p.m.: Emulate performs at Burton Parish, Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia
- Dec. 4, 9 a.m.: Chambers Singers worship service, Muhlenburg Lutheran, 281 East Market Street, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Dec. 4, 4 p.m.: Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir Christmas Concert, Lehman Auditorium
- Dec. 7, 6:30 p.m.: All-Campus Christmas Party, Thomas Plaza
- Dec. 8, 7 p.m.: Emulate Christmas Concert, Park View Mennonite Church
- Dec. 12, 4:30 p.m.: Community Christmas Service of Lessons and Carols, Lehman Auditorium
- Dec. 16, 12:40 p.m.: University Final Exams End and Break Begins
- Dec. 16, 3 p.m., EMU Faculty and Staff Christmas Tea, University Commons
- Dec. 23-Jan. 2, 2017: EMU Offices closed (Harrisonburg and Lancaster campuses)
Give the Gift of Peace
We invite you to support peace studies at EMU this season. Help us nurture and develop nurture future leaders as they prepare to be a peaceful presence among God’s people in all parts of the world.