Accepted Students- EMU
- Email email@example.com or contact the WCSC office at 202-529-5378 to confirm your spot by the date given on your acceptance letter.
Your deposit holds your spot in the program and becomes non-refundable once WCSC staff start working on your internship placement
You must make a $500 deposit to the EMU Business Office, which you can do online or by mailing a check to:
EMU Business Office, 1200 Park Rd, Harrisonburg, VA 22802
- Make sure to fill out your FAFSA forms by the national deadlines
- If you are a commuter student, take into account that you will be paying EMU room and board costs while you are at the WCSC
- Make an appointment with Career Services to review and revise your resume
- Resume Resources
Email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy. We will send suggestions for improvement before we send it to internship organizations.
We will ask for a:
- Health Form
- Copy of your insurance card (front and back)
- Dietary Restrictions form
- Roommate form
- Statement of Expectations for Group Living and Lifestyle
- Parking form
- We’ll begin working contacting internship organizations. For Spring internships, this starts in October. For Summer internships, this starts in February. For Fall internships, this starts in June.
- Most interviews are conducted over the phone or video call. We will contact the organizations first and they typically reach out to you to schedule an interview.
- Each internship placement and interview is done differently based on the process of the organization at which you are interviewing.
- Some internships require you to come to DC for an interview. We will work with you on the logistics of going to your internship placement for an interview.
- Be proactive and respond quickly to emails and voice messages about internships and interviews.
Check out the calendar for your term to see important dates regarding move-in, program orientation, retreat and move-out!
Date Day Event August 31 Monday Move-In Day – Orientation Begins September 1-September 6 Tuesday-Saturday Orientation September 7 Monday First Day of Internships October 23-25 Friday-Sunday Retreat in West Virginia November 25-November 29 Wednesday-Sunday Thanksgiving Break December 16 Wednesday Last Day of Internships December 17 Thursday Last Day of Class December 18 Friday Move out Day
Day Event January 11 Monday Move-In Day – Orientation Begins January 12-16 Tuesday-Sunday Orientation January 17 Monday First Day of Internships March 19-21 Friday-Sunday Retreat in West Virginia April 28 Wednesday Last Day of Internships April 29 Thursday Last Day of Class April 30 Friday Move-Out Day
Day Event June 7 Monday Move-In Day – Orientation Begins June 8-12 Tuesday-Sunday Orientation June 13 Monday First Day of Internships July 9-11 Friday-Sunday Retreat in West Virginia August 11 Wednesday Last Day of Internships August 12 Thursday Last Day of Class August 13 Friday Move-Out Day