Residence Life Staff
Eric Codding, associate dean of students/director of housing and residence life, supervises a staff of more than 35 people each year.
Hannah Hall, assistant director (AD) of housing and residence life, assists the director with various tasks and provides leadership and assistance to RDs and other staff. Hannah also serves as RD of Elmwood.
Residence directors (RDs)
RDs are also members of the department of housing and residence life and the university’s student life division. Some are full-time graduate students who serve as part-time staff in residence life. They have undergraduate educations and experience and are carefully selected on the basis of their ability to provide leadership and facilitate interpersonal relationships among residents of the hall. RDs encourage accountability to community standards and help new students adjust to EMU.
- Cedarwood: Scott Eyre 540-432-4561
- Maplewood: Sarah Showalter 540-432-4563
- Elmwood: Sarah Defnall 540-432-4562
- Northlawn: Beth Phifer 540-432-4301 and Jordan Detwiler-Michelson 540-432-4309
- Hillside Suites: Megan Weaver 540-437-6024
- Parkwood Apartments: Matthew Hunsberger 540-432-6426 and Isaac and Rebecca Shelly 215-272-7343
Community Advisers (CAs)
CAs are student para-professional members of the Residence Life staff. Each residence hall is divided into units with student Community Advisers as leaders. CAs are carefully selected and trained to serve as peer counselors and facilitators.
*If you are interested in serving as a CA, stop by the student life offices for an application form.