Recent Cords of Distinction Recipients
The Cords of Distinction award honors the efforts of graduating students who have made outstanding contributions to the university, community or society. Up to 10 graduating students are recognized annually with the Cords of Distinction.
Annual nomination period occurs in early spring of each academic year. Learn more about the cords…
Below is information on recent Cords of Distinction recipients.
- Christine Baer
- Aaron Erb
- Nicole Groff
- Laura Glick
- Ardi Hermawan
- Rose Jantzi
- Litza Laboriel
- Krista Nyce
- Melody Tobin
- Brandon Waggy
2013 Cords of Distinction recipients
- Nels Akerson, major in biology and liberal arts, and minors in psychology and Spanish, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Michael Allen, major in liberal arts and minors in Spanish and music, Fork Union, Va.
- Jossimar Diaz Castro, major in philosophy & theology, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Ryan Eshleman, major in philosophy & theology and biology and minor in English, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Darian Harnish, major in accounting and economics, Lancaster, Pa.
- Joshua Kanagy, major in psychology and minor in peacebuilding & development, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Julia Schmidt, major in history and minors in pre-law, political studies, peacebuilding, philosophy, bible & religion, Pandora, Oh.
- Hannah Schrock, major in biology, Iowa City, Ia.
- Kelley Schroder, major in music, Leesburg, Va.
- James Souder, major in environmental sustainability and minors in international development, biology, economics, and photography, Harrisonburg, Va.
2012 Cords of Distinction recipients
- Benjamin Bailey, major in peacebuilding and development and biblical studies, Simsbury, Conn.
- Brendon Derstine, major in history and social science, secondary education, and minors in bible and religion, political studies, Harleysville, Pa.
- Grace Engle, major in social work, Wauseon, Ohio
- Brandon Habron, major in liberal arts and minor in theater and sociology, Fredricksburg, Va.
- Katie Jantzen, major in environmental sustainability and minors in spanish, socio-economic development, biology, Plymouth, Nebr.
- Clothilda Dado Johnson, major in nursing and minor in psychology, Banjul, The Gambia
- Katherine Landis, major in photography, digital media and minor in journalism, Lancaster, Pa.
- Rebekah Maldonado-Nofziger, major in nursing, Pettisville, Ohio
- Michelle Ramirez, major in social work and minor in Spanish, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Andrew Richter, major in business administration, Perkasie, Pa.
2011 Cords of Distinction recipients
- Benjamin Bergey, major in music, Perkasie, Pa.
- Braydon Hoover, major in biology and minor in theater, Elizabethtown, Pa.
- Brianna Oelschlager, major in biochemistry and minor in socio-economic development, Sellersville, Pa.
- Courtney Walker, major in english, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Janelle Freed, major in justice, peace and conflict studies, philosophy and theology, Skippack, Pa.
- Jessica Sarriot, major in peacebuilding and development and minor in pre-law, political studies, Paris, France
- Michael Spory, major in history and social science, secondary education, minors in Spanish and political science, Johnstown, Pa.
- Peyton Erb, major in liberal arts, elementary education, minor in ESL, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Samfee Doe, major in biology, Monrovia, Liberia
- William Morris, major in business administration and minor in economics, Charlottesville, Va.