LOCAL AND ONLINE RESOURCES
LGBTQ Partner Abuse $ Sexual Assault Hotline
1-866=356-6998, M-F, 8-8 p.m
Virginia Family Violence & Sexual Assault Hotline
Toll-free, confidential, 24-hour service that provides crisis intervention, support, information, and referrals to family violence and sexual assault survivors, their friends and families, professionals, and the general public.
The Collins Center models and promotes the prevention of child sexual abuse, and provides excellence
in sexual assault response and treatment in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. The
Collins Center serves the community through its programs: Sexual Assault Crisis Services,
Prevention & Education, Mental Health Treatment, and the Child Advocacy Center.
Emergency Phone Numbers
24-HOUR SEXUAL ASSAULT CRISIS HOTLINE: 540.434.2272
REPORT CHILD ABUSE NOW: 1-800-552-7096
State and National Services:
- Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- It Happened to Alexa Foundation: The Foundation offers assistance to defray costs of transportation and housing, so that the victim’s support person can attend and take part in the criminal justice proceedings and be with them at this most difficult time. The trial venue must be over 60 miles from the residence of the support persons in order to qualify. http://ithappenedtoalexa.org/
- FaithTrust Institute (all religions and ethnicities) www.faithtrustinstitute.org/
- Men’s Domestic Abuse Helpline – 1-888-HELPLINE (1-888-743-5754)
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force www.thetaskforce.org
- National Organization on Male Sexual Victimization www.malesurvivor.org
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – 1-800-656-HOPE
- Pandora’s Project – http://www.pandys.org/ – Online message board for survivors and friends or family of survivors.
- RAINN: 24-hour online chat support (https://ohl.rainn.org/online) – The Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network; information gateway and support forum.
- Stalking Resource Center: The National Center for Victims of Crime1-800-394-2255 (1-800-FYI-CALL)
- Students Active for Ending Rape (SAFER) http://safercampus.org/