Get started now
People begin seminary at many stages in life and for many reasons. Perhaps you are exploring a call to ministry, or are looking for further resourcing for your current ministry position. Perhaps you would like to explore further explore the Bible or theology, or combine ministry with another profession like business, counseling or peacebuilding. No matter where you are on your journey Eastern Mennonite Seminary is the place for you.
Here’s how to get started.
- Explore our programs – our degree programs are described here. If you’re not sure which program is right for you
- Call 540-432-4257 or to set up an appointment with our admissions staff, or
- Fill out an inquiry form
- Schedule a visit to get a feel for our campus, meet faculty, staff and students and sit in on classes. During the school year the best days to visit are Tuesdays and Thursdays, but we can accommodate other visits as well.
- Fill out an application- We have two application options. The non-degree-seeking application is good for those who want to take a class or two to explore seminary. The degree-seeking application is good for those who wish to enter a certificate or degree program.
- Explore financial aid options- You can explore our fees and financial aid options here. We are attempting to increase financial aid options. Please be in touch with the admissions staff regarding your financial need.
- If you’re moving to the area, explore housing and employment options and the local area.
- Gather sources of personal support. Talk to your church about financial support, but also spiritual and emotional support and mentoring. Here are some other suggestions for support.