EMU’s Suter Science Campaign design concept committee hard at work during a planning session.
Renovation Design and Planning Process
EMU established a design concept committee responsible for creating a plan that maximizes the educational value of the Suter Science Center within the confines of the available budget. The committee will involve broader faculty collaboration to represent the interests of a wide range of constituents.
Through the course of initial planning sessions with both architects and EMU science faculty, several priorities were identified as central to the next phase of renovation planning scheduled for early 2013.
Design concept committee
- Daryl Bert, chair, vice president for finance
- Melody Cash, PhD, associate professor of nursing and chair of the nursing department
- Charles Cooley, assistant professor of computer science
- Doug Graber Neufeld, PhD, professor of biology and chair of biology and chemistry departments
- Nancy Heisey, PhD, vice president and undergraduate academic dean
- Tara Kishbaugh, PhD, associate professor of chemistry
- Andrew Kniss, student representative, biology major
- Eldon Kurtz, physical plant director
- Ed Lehman, assistant director of physical plant
- Randy Seitz, president of Blue Ridge Architects and architectural assistant
- Kirk Shisler, vice president for advancement