Registration is now available for Homecoming 2012 at Eastern Mennonite University (EMU), Oct. 12-14.
Celebrations will include recognition of EMU’s 30th anniversary of the cross-cultural programs. All cross-cultural programs will be recognized including the early days of EMU’s study abroad program. Other events include:
- A festive gathering preceding class reunions on Saturday, October 13
- Class reunions for years ending in “2” and “7”
- A Jubilee Alumni event and program for alumni who graduated more than 50 years ago
- Mainstage theater production
- Sporting events, soccer, field hockey and volleyball
- Special interest reunions and departmental breakfasts
- Sunday worship service with alumni award recipients
- Cross-cultural group reunions (Middle East, Central America, South Africa, Europe, Ireland, etc.)
In 2011, EMU celebrated the lives of two peace activists; embraced music and theater performances; enjoyed fellowship with alumni and donors; and cheered on the Royals during Homecoming and Family Weekend 2011. Browse photo galleries and learn more about the honorees Leymah Gbowee and Glen Lapp.
Don’t forget to save the date for the 2013 celebrations. The 2013 Homecoming and Family Weekend celebration is scheduled for Oct. 11-13, 2013.