- Take turns driving every couple hours.
- Person in passenger seat should stay awake to keep driver alert.
- Take a map or GPS.
- Inspect your vehicle before leaving on your trip.
- Make sure you have a spare tire and know how to change it in case of a flat.
- Only you and your group of friends should know the hotel room number avoid saying the number out loud in public.
- When making reservations reserve a room about the first floor to stay safe and avoid break-ins.
- Check all windows to make sure they are locked and make sure the door to your room works properly and locks.
- Wear sun protection.
- Drink lots of fluids mainly water.
- Avoid staying in the sun for hours.
- Always keep a swim buddy and stay near a lifeguard.
- Know flag system including red,yellow,and blue. Red means stay out of water. Yellow means use caution in the water. Blue means waters are calm and you are safe to swim.
- Swim in safe places and avoid diving unless you know the water is safe and deep enough.
- Know local 911 in case of emergencies.
- Party Smart
- Don’t drink and drive
- Keep an eye on your drink at all times to make sure no one slips anything in it.
- Avoid binge drinking
- Go to ATM in groups
- Cover pin number when entering to avoid someone stealing your information.