Getting your study on?

& Uncategorized.

If your anything like me, studying and getting your homework done is quite a challenge sometimes. Well for me this weekend was one of those weekends. I was not able to get to any of my homework done this weekend because of working. I know that there are many of you out there who are experiencing the same thing, working while going to school is very difficult!

I am consciously working to get better at balancing my two jobs with my schoolwork so that I can get the grades that I need and get my work in on time. So maybe together we can work on managing our time better and getting that homework in on time! One thing I have learned is that if I sit down that night for at least 30 minutes and work on a little bit of homework that I have from each class then it will help manage the time and get it done. Typically I’ll try and spend around 30 minutes per class working on reading, and assignments that are due. Also, working ahead helps me too because I don’t know about you, but I am a very good procrastinator! So if I can get a head start on something it tends to help me in the long run.

How about studying? Are you good at studying for tests/quizzes or just studying the material in general? I’m not. I am not good at studying at all. For me it is very hard to sit down and read over my notes and articles that my professors have given me. Even flash cards don’t help most of the time when it comes to learning terminology. This then affects my test grades because most of the time I just don’t study because I don’t know how!

Some tips that I have learned in the past have been to set a routine. Establish a specific time to study on certain days and stick to that. Also, switching up where you study can help your brain retain the information because of the different stimuli around you. And if you’re anything like me, you hate tests! But it is good to remember to quiz yourself on what you have been studying because it will let you know what you need to work on before test time. Don’t be afraid to ask your professor for help when it comes to studying or the information that you are learning in class. Nine times out of ten they will be more than happy to help you, they are here to make sure you succeed, not fail! And the number one tip that I never remember to utilize is when you are studying be sure to drink plenty of fluids, water if you can, and eat healthy snacks to ensure total body health to help the brain retain the information!

So let’s try some of these tips together and see if it helps us retain more information, get better grades and to most importantly get our homework in on time!

Good Luck!
Allison
:)