Cost and Financial Aid
Tuition and costs
- Tuition for 2015-16 is $550 per credit hour. NOTE: For students in the Leadership & School Nursing concentration, required MA in Education courses are also $550 per credit hour.
- Students will incur additional costs for textbooks.
Payment methods accepted
- EMU accepts direct payments from student’s place of employment.
- EMU accepts cash, personal checks, cashiers checks, money orders, and all major credit cards. There is a 3% processing fee (minimum $1 fee) for each credit card transaction.
- EMU recently contracted with Higher One and CASHNet to provide student payment solutions, including an interest free monthly payment plan option. This option is only available for traditional full time Fall and Spring semester students. There is a $35 per semester fee for the payment plan. More information to come from the EMU Business Office. View http://www.higherone.com/products/cashnet-payment-solutions for a preview of available services.
Payment for the semester’s tuition, less processed financial aid is due one week before classes begin.
Unpaid accounts may be subject to the following:
- EMU network access for student-owned computers will be denied
- Charging to the miscellaneous account will be denied
- Grades, transcripts, enrollment, class attendance and diploma will be denied
- Monthly finance charge of 1.5% (18% annually)
- Credit bureau reporting
- Collection and/or attorney fees necessary for collection of unpaid debts
Your first steps toward financial assistance for your master’s degree should be the following:
- Determine what portion of education expenses (tuition, cost of travel, books, etc.) your institution will pay and their requirements.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Complete the EMU Financial Aid Information Sheet available from the financial assistance office.
- Check out the American Association of Colleges of Nursing for more financial aid options.