Having a good quality computer that is reliable and fast will make it a lot easier to work well during the class. Enrollees should have significant access to a computer that meets the following criteria.
Students are encouraged to contact EMU’s Help Desk at 540-432-4357 or email@example.com with technical problems.
- “Fast” (any computer 4 years old or newer) computer, speakers, and sound card
- Internet broadband connection is recommended
- A place to store working documents (hard drive, flash drive, etc.)
The enrollee must have licensed access to all of the following types of software:
- Windows XP/Vista or Mac OS X (or higher)
- Word processor (like MS Word or Word Perfect)
- Web browser (like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari)
- The ability to use a keyboard (typing experience will help) and mouse to navigate your operating system.
- The ability to use the computer’s operating system to copy, organize, rename and maintain computer files on the hard drive or flash drive.
- The ability to browse the Internet and send, receive, and manage e-mail.