MA in Education Admission Forms
Apply for the MA in Education Program
- Application for Admission to the Master of Arts in Education Program Paper applications can be picked up at the office or mailed upon request.
- Recommendation form for Admission: Please secure two forms of recommendation from people who are in a position to judge your potential as a graduate student. Teachers may provide one reference from a building-level administrator/supervisor, as well as someone in a supervisory capacity.
How can I request an official transcript?
To request an official transcript(s) follow the registrar’s instructions, which are outlined on the registrar’s website.
Completed applications for admission into the graduate program are reviewed regularly throughout the year. The Teacher Education Admissions Committee (TEAC) makes admissions decisions and annually reviews admissions policies. A completed application includes the following:
1. Completed application to the Master of Arts in Education program with a nonrefundable application fee of $50.00.
2. Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
3. Two academic recommendations on EMU provided forms: (a) building level administrator/supervisor and (b) someone qualified to speak to the applicant’s academic ability and potential. http://www.emu.edu/maed/forms/
4. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least a cumulative 3.0 gpa (based on 4.0). If this condition is not met, graduate gpa of six or more credits will be considered.
5. A valid teaching license, a copy of which must be submitted by the applicant for the graduate file. Applicants applying for the TESL concentration with K-12 initial licensure in VA, the At-Risk Populations concentration, and the Restorative Practitioner concentration are exempt from the teaching license requirement.
6. Evidence of one year of successful teaching in public or private school/agency setting. Applicants applying for the TESL concentration with K-12 initial licensure in VA, the At-Risk Populations concentration, or the Restorative Practitioner concentration are exempt from the teaching experience requirement.
7. A personal interview with the director or assistant director of the MA in Education program.
8. Full time students must submit an EMU graduate student Health Evaluation. www.emu.edu/studentlife/health/forms/