Academic Year Tuition
- Full-time students enroll with 9-15 hrs/semester of course work during fall and spring semesters.
- Tuition is $17,400/yr or $8,700/semester for full-time students (at least 9 credits), plus various fees.
- Books, supplies, and lab fees are not covered by the tuition fees.
- Academic overloads (greater than 15 SH) add $725/SH to full-time rate.
- Following acceptance, due to limited number of spaces, a $300 deposit (applied to tuition) ensures a place in the program.
Here is a a breakdown of the tuition and fees for one full year of study.
Summer or part-time tuition
Summer tuition $725 per hour and typically involves 3-7 semester hours. The part-time student tuition rate during the academic year(less than 9 SH/semester) is $850/SH.
Tuition discount for educators
Graduate students who are certified as current teaching educators may enroll as part-time students and upon application may receive a 25% tuition discount.
Financial aid and graduate assistantships
The program administrative team will oversee the allocation of available financial aid in the form of graduate assistantships. These awards will be handled by the university Financial Assistance Office and constitute part of the students financial aid package. Typical gradaute assistantship awards are between $500 – $1,000 per semester, and expected work load hours will be about 5 – 10 hours per week. Graduate assistants are not permitted to carry academic loads greater than 12 hours per semester. Applications for a graduate assistant position are available.
The Federal Direct Student Loan program (unsubsidized)allows a graduate student to borrow up to $20,500 per award year with 5.84% interest. In addition, the Federal Direct Plus Loan program (credit-based) allows supplemental borrowing to cover educational related expenses at 6.84% interest. International students with US Permanent Resident cards are eligible for the Federal Direct Loan Programs. Financial aid is determined by the number of credit hours taken each semester.
For additional information, contact the Financial Assistance Office at 1-800-330-9683 or firstname.lastname@example.org.